A recent update to the Investment Prospectus of the Hunter and Central Coast Regions has been released giving a great insight into investment in these regions.
Some of the main points include:
- The Central Coast contributes AUD$8.6 billion to the NSW economy
- 16% of residents commute to Sydney and Newcastle for job comitments
- Tourism has been steadily increasing since 2009-10 with a 3.1% annual increase in overnight stays
- The Central Coast Region is serviced by the Sydney-Newcastle railway line
- The Hunter Region is the largest contributor to the NSW economy, contributing over A$32.3 billionT
- The University of Newcastle (a Global top 250 university) is based within the Hunter Region
- Tourism has generated AUD$2.5 billion into the region in 2016-17, with a steady 2.0% annual increase in visitor numbers since 2009-10
- Port of Newcastle is Australia’s third largest port, the world’s leading coal export port and the 24th largest in the world by trade volume.
These links can be found at :